The 8 week MBSR (Mindfulness based Stress Reduction Course) provides a participatory learning experience with the practice of a variety of Mindfulness Meditation Techniques including:
- Body awareness
- Movement exercises, and the application of Mindfulness into everyday life.
Learning from an 8 week MBSR course can include
- The skill of paying attention, on purpose and non-judgementally, to what goes on in the present moment in your body, mind, and the world around you.
- Shifting perspectives and seeing things in a new more helpful way for you and those around you.
- Improved confidence in yourself and ability to face life challenges
- Improved self-care and relationships with others
- Improved creativity and problem solving skills.
- An improved capacity to manage stress
- A calmer outlook in daily life
- A sense of improved physical, emotional and psychological well being
The course is entirely secular based upon the research and findings of Jon Kabat-Zinn.
The MBSR course has gone from strength to strength, with critical acclaim and support from the international medical community. Here within the UK, the Mental Health Foundation has lent its support and endorsed the course.
The course is taught over eight 2 hour sessions at weekly intervals including an additional all day session.
All our courses at the Glasgow Mindfulness Centre take place in very small groups. The maximum number of participants is 06.
In addition to attending the course participants should be aware that home practice is also an important part of the course, and time should be set aside each day to practice Mindfulness.
This can be integrated into daily routines quite simply e.g. several times throughout the day take 5 Mindful breaths. Approach an activity mindfully e.g. brushing your teeth, eating a meal.
The cost of the course is £200. This covers all the taught sessions, the all-day session, an audio CDs/Links to support home practice and a workbook. (Advance booking is recommended as there are only 6 places per course)
PAYMENT AND THE REFUND POLICY : PAYMENT IS REQUIRED IN FULL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE START DATE AND IS NON-REFUNDABLE